Friends of the Cathedral
The Friends of the Cathedral assist the Dean and Cathedral Council by raising funds for the preservation and development of the Cathedral and its precincts. The friends also support activities and devotional life and provide a link between the many people who have the interest of the Cathedral at heart and support it through prayer, both within the local Cathedral family and far beyond.
Why you need to join the Friends
Ongoing support is essential for the life of this Cathedral. Joining the Friends is an opportunity to make a personal contribution in money and/or service, and thus belong to the cathedral in a very special way. By joining you share in the preservation of this beautiful historic building, as a place of worship and as a resource centre for its varied activities.
- $150 Life Membership (single person)
- $250 Life Membership (family)
- $15 Single Membership
- $25 Family Membership
How the Friends have helped St Peter’s Cathedral in the past
- Care for archival items
- Cleaning of the high altar reredos
- Display case for the St Alban brick
- Restoration of the original chairs
- Provision of furniture designed for children
- Provision of bibles for the pews
- Restoration of sacred needlework and vestements
Events and Fundraisers
- Quiz Nights
- Annual hymn singing with mulled wine
- Shrove Tuesday pancakes
O Lord, our creator and redeemer: May your glory and your grace rest upon our Cathedral Church. Help us to serve you with love. Draw us nearer to you and to each other, that we may make this Cathedral a centre of spiritual life and influence, to the glory of your name; through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen
Details of the Friends activities appear in the Cathedral Notes available from the Cathedral west door. If you would like to receive a copy by mailed or emailed please contact the office.
Friends of St Peter’s Cathedral Membership Renewal
You can make a valuable contribution towards meeting the ongoing needs of our Cathedral simply and inexpensively by joining or re-joining the Friends.
Annual Membership: $15 for a single person/ $25 for a family.
Life Membership: $150 for a single person/ $250 for a family.
How to Renew:
- Take a leaflet from the Friends notice board by the main door, fill it in and take it to the office with cash or a cheque
- Direct Debit Transfer to:
Ac Name. The Friends of St. Peter’s Cathedral, General Account
BSB – 105900 | Ac No. 951504140 Reference: Your name and FC